There are several factors that affect the clickthrough rate (CTR) of the website. Even if your SEO is very good and you rank well in search – your website may be affected by small details, which you do not know. Like internet security URL advisors icon. Well, then how to make your website safe by URL advisors?
What is internet security URL advisors Icon?
The internet security URL advisors icon is little icon shown text to search result in search engine, which helps users to decide whether to click or not. The icon can be red (dangerous website), grey (not checked yet) or green (checked and approved by internet security) [read more=”Read More” less=”Read Less”] The majority of websites are divided into “green” and “grey” categories. There are very few “red” websites available in Google search. Most of them are omitted by Google itself. In most cases “grey” means that internet security just never checked the site. However, the users will perceive “grey” websites as something unreliable. In the actual absence of “red icon” the “grey icon” are the worst served. Grey doesn’t mean “infected” but this is what a user will think!
Besides just the appearance in search, the URL scanning service is a great resource to help you identify and resolve security issues of your Web site that you were not aware of and provide a safe environment for your users. [/read]
How to get the green icon for your website?
It is not difficult but has a different process for different internet securities. The common and most important step is to get SSL certificate for your website. Learn how to get SSL certificate for your website.
Steps to get green for different internet securities.
Norton security: It is most popular and well renown internet security which operated in all platform (Windows/Mac/Andriod/IOS). So, you definitely want to get the green icon from Norton [read more=”Read More” less=”Read Less”]To submit your website for rating, re-evaluation, or to appeal the rating of your site, you need to create a Norton Safe Web account and verify the ownership of your site. Follow these steps:
- Signup for an account with Norton Safe Web if you haven’t already done so.
- On the “site dispute” tab of your profile page, click the “Add site” link and enter your Web site address.
- You will receive an email on successful registration of your Web site. Please follow the instructions in the email carefully. Alternatively, the site verification instructions will also be displayed on the “site dispute” page.
- Once you have completed the site verification steps, click “Verify Now” (next to your Web site name) to establish ownership.
- On the Site Dispute page, click “Rate my site” next to the site name. Note that the initial evaluation process takes about two weeks to complete.
If you are not satisfied with Norton evaluation of your Web site, you can submit an appeal. You must completely review and remove any security risks on your Web site before submitting an appeal. lick the “Appeal my re-evaluation results” link next to your Web site name on the “site dispute” tab to appeal.
You can also get Norton secured seal using Symantec SSL or the Symantec Trust Seal which you have to buy. Learn more about symantec SSL [/read]
Kaspersky Internet security: It is one of the largest antivirus vendors with millions of users worldwide. It may take months, even years, before they discover and scan your website even if it is a high authority. So you have to do it manually. [read more=”Read More” less=”Read Less”]It seems like there’s no special page where you would submit your website for scanning but I find the best way to scan quickly. Follow these steps:
- Register in the Kaspersky Lab Forum.
- Submit your “Please scan my website [website URL]” request to forum thread to post scanning requests. To post a request click “Add Reply” or “Fast Reply” buttons.
- Wait until they scan your website. It took 3-4 days for the green icon to show up instead of the grey one. If your website is not scanned after a few days, you will have to post to the forum again and ask for a solution.
The thread is intended for Russian speaking users but they will react to a post in English.[/read]
McAfee Live Safe [read more=”Read More” less=”Read Less”]Research on progress[/read]
Bitdefender Internet Security [read more=”Read More” less=”Read Less”]Research on progress[/read]
While Internet Security URL Advisor doesn’t affect SEO, it can directly influence a website’s click-through rate (CTR). Getting your website scanned and approved internet security is easy and not time-consuming